Translation of forum rules and netiquette

For English-speaking users. Beta-Phase.

Translation of forum rules and netiquette

Beitragvon headology » 22 Oktober 2012, 14:31

Project: Translation of our forum rules and netiquette.
I've taken the liberty of assigning tasks:

sternheim > Rules - Preface
XXX > I General Rules
löwenzahn > II Users
Kiralein17 > III Forum organisation
Seepferdchen > VI Copyright, avatars, forbidden content
TeeTussi > V Other rules
XXX > Netiquette I - General Rules
schleimi > Netiquette II - Legibility
headology > Netiquette III - Conduct of discussion
XXX > Netiquette IV
XXX > Netiquette V
Aurora > Netiquette VI
XXX > Netiquette VII

Deadline: Sunday, October 28th, 20:00h, okay?
(Earlier would be better of course)

New volunteers can just take their pick of paragraphs.

If you prefer working as a team, please say so and I'm sure there will be someone to join your project.
Follow the tiger rabbit to ★ drueber & drunter
Moderatorin
BH-Größe: UK 32J • EU 
Alte BH-Größe: 36FF
UBU: 75 • 83 cm
BU: 109 • 111 • 118 cm

Re: Translation of forum rules and netiquette

Beitragvon Appleblossom » 22 Oktober 2012, 14:45

Kann ich Netiquette IV übernehmen?
„Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.“ William Gibson
BH-Größe: UK 28FF, 30F • EU 
Alte BH-Größe: 75DD/E
UBU: 67 • 71 cm
BU: 88 • 90 • 92 cm
Schwanger: nein • am Stillen: nein

BH-log
Steckbrief
Erstberatung

Beitragvon schleimi » 22 Oktober 2012, 14:48

Thank you!

Edit: One more question: Where do I submit the translation?
BH-Größe: UK  • EU 70E/75D
Alte BH-Größe: 75A
UBU: 73 • 78,5 cm
BU: 89 • 87 • 91,5 cm

Beitragvon sternheim » 22 Oktober 2012, 15:20

schleimi hat geschrieben:Edit: One more question: Where do I submit the translation?

I'd also like to know that.
Thank's for putting a bit of pressure on it :)

So, do I have to translate everything until "I General Rules" or should I only translate the paragraph under "Forumsregeln" ?
Mitgründerin von Accept Every Body.
Ehemaliges Team-Mitglied
BH-Größe: UK 36H/HH • EU 
Alte BH-Größe: 90F
UBU: 82 • 90 cm
BU: 115-116 • 120 • 130 cm
Schwanger: Nein • am Stillen: Nein

BH-log
Erstberatung

Beitragvon headology » 22 Oktober 2012, 16:03

Appleblossom hat geschrieben:Kann ich Netiquette IV übernehmen?

Yip. :)

@schleimi: Just post it into this thread. I change the order as soon as all parts are completed.

@sterni: Can't follow, I'm afraid. :oops: I meant the part between rules and Part I General Rules.
The "Nutzungsbedingungen" should be available in English somewhere already since I suppose these are the standard rules for phpBB-Boards.
Moderatorin

Beitragvon schleimi » 22 Oktober 2012, 17:30

2. Legibility of contributions
- The language of the forum is standard English. Please try to avoid slang and regional expressions.
- Please pay attention to capital letters. Long texts in particular are difficult to read if written only in small letters.
- The same goes for spelling and grammar. If you know you have problems with spelling or typing errors, please use the spelling check of your browser or text program. Alternatively, there are small, free programs available, e.g. http://www.phraseexpress.com
- Formatting: Please don't write everything in italics, bold type or colour. This unnecessarily draws attention off the content and to the form of your writing. Writing only in capital letters means shouting on the internet and is considered rude.
- Usage of smilies: smilies are supposed to replace tone, facial expressions and gestures on the internet and therefore are important to make sure that you aren't misunderstood. Too many however make posts unclear and confusing, so don't overuse them either.
- Punctuation marks: one punctuation mark is usually enough. Long sequences of question marks ("?") or exclamation marks ("!") aren't necessary.
- Important: Please choose a significant thread title, which sums up the main content of the topic.

Hier mein Teil (wenn jemand noch rüberliest, wäre das großartig). Ich hatte ein wenig Probleme mit dem ersten Punkt. Er scheint mir etwas "streng", gerade weil es auf Englisch noch weniger "einen" Standard gibt als auf Deutsch (UK/US/Aus usw.) und weil das Forum ja auch als internationales Forum gedacht ist, also wohl auch viele Nicht-Muttersprachler schreiben und lesen wollen. Wäre es nicht gut, noch einen zusätzlichen Satz a la "to ensure that people from other parts of the world will understand you as well" o.ä. einzufügen?
BH-Größe: UK  • EU 70E/75D
Alte BH-Größe: 75A
UBU: 73 • 78,5 cm
BU: 89 • 87 • 91,5 cm

Beitragvon TeeTussi » 22 Oktober 2012, 18:02

Here's my part :) correcting welcome (i was not really sure about "posting" or "post" and "sub forum" for "Unterforum" and the apostrophe in "user's")
should it be "in front of" oder "before" in the first point?

V. Other rules
• Editing postings is possible for 30 minutes after submitting them. Please use this feature instead of sending two consecutive postings. For a better recognition of the newly added text you can simply write „edit:“ in front of it.
• Counting Postings: Please do not only answer to collect written postings. Do not just write short sentence or just write to agree with former postings or suggestions. When deciding about permission for the Galeries or Flea Market we do not only look just at the count of the user’s postings but also at the content.
• Signature: We highly recommend to put a short description of your breasts into your signature, this can simplify the conversation about bras in this web forum. Small pictures (max 50 x 50 px) are also allowed, but not more than two of them.
• Selling at our web forum: Selling offers are only allowed to be posted on the Flea Market. You will find more information (rules and conditions for permission to post sellings) and about this on the correspondent sub forum

Edit: changed "Further" to "Other" ;)
BH-Größe: UK 28DD-E / 30E • EU 
UBU: 65 • 73 cm
BU: 87 • 84 • 90 cm

BH-log
Erstberatung

Beitragvon loewenzahn » 22 Oktober 2012, 18:46

TeeTussi hat geschrieben:For a better recognition of the newly added text you can simply write „edit:“ in front of it.

I'd say "in front of it" is fine, because "before" is used rather in chronological contexts, I think (es meint das zeitliche "vor", nicht das örtliche). Maybe you could also write it like this: For a better recognition of the newly added text you can introduce it with "edit:". Not sure which version is better, though.

TeeTussi hat geschrieben: When deciding about permission for the Galeries or Flea Market we do not only look just at the count of the user’s postings but also at the content.

I'd delete the "just" here because you already wrote "only" in the same phrase.

TeeTussi hat geschrieben:Selling at our web forum: Selling offers are only allowed to be posted on the Flea Market. You will find more information (rules and conditions for permission to post sellings) and about this on the correspondent sub forum

"in" might be better than "at", but I struggle with prepostions every now and then, so maybe another person could check that ;-).
Additionally, the structure of the sentence doesn't really make sense to me: "you will find more information ... and about this" - about what? Maybe you could just put it like this: You will find more information about rules and conditions for the permission to post sellings in the correspondent sub forum.
Ehemaliges Team-Mitglied

Beitragvon TeeTussi » 22 Oktober 2012, 19:01

TeeTussi hat geschrieben:Selling at our web forum: Selling offers are only allowed to be posted on the Flea Market. You will find more information (rules and conditions for permission to post sellings) and about this on the correspondent sub forum

I have to admit that i have no idea how this sentence got that way...

Correction:

More information about the Flea Market as well as rules and conditions for permission to post selling can be found on the correspondent sub forum

"Selling at our web forum" seemed better to me than "in our web forum", like in "they sell it at the supermarket" and "i bought this at the supermarket", an alternative could be "on"
BH-Größe: UK 28DD-E / 30E • EU 
UBU: 65 • 73 cm
BU: 87 • 84 • 90 cm

BH-log
Erstberatung

Beitragvon headology » 22 Oktober 2012, 19:06

Thanks for your comments, löwenzahn. *sonne* I think best would be to post an alternative version of the text directly. Otherwise it takes a lot longer. (At least that's our experience from editing information threads)

I just realised when reading about flea market, that I'm not really sure, all of those rules would apply to guests since they are more or less constricted to the English subforum. *kopfkratz* But maybe we talk about that later, too.
Moderatorin

Nächste

Zurück zu Bosom Friends International